Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Sasha Banks & Naomi walk out of Raw, Ric Flair returning to the ring
- Performer and Match of the Week
- Sasha Banks and Naomi walking out of the WWE taping on Monday. What were the plans, where were things going, how did it go down, what was the reaction, what is the not talked about story that was the key to all of this
- Dwayne Johnson and the XFL get an ESPN deal, what it means, what is their competition and also a look at ratings
- Ric Flair returning to wrestle, a look at the situation, the match, others of his age wrestling, why Ricky Steamboat turned down the match
- Cain Velasquez denied bail again, the man he was accused of shooting speaks, his lawyer speaks
- AEW Double or Nothing and WWE Hell in a Cell as well as business notes for the week
- Ticket sales for the WWE Clash at the Castle in Cardiff
- Full coverage of Capital Collision, the New Japan show from Washington, DC
- Full coverage of Saturday’s UFC show
- This past week’s ratings
- Main event plans for the next four WWE PPV shows
- More details on why Stephanie McMahon took a leave of absence
- Update on Money in the Bank
- Update on Young Rock
- Streaming numbers
- Freak accident ends a main event just three minutes in
- Matt Jackson does video challenging for major world title
- Five Star Grand Prix tournament
- Update on Kota Ibushi
- New Japan Strong tapings for the next month run down
- Best of the Super Juniors update
- Update on Tammy Sytch
- Wrestler shot to death
- Zachary Wentz talks about his Hitler photo
- Former WWE stars announce new promotion featuring the wrestling debut of Alistair Overeem
- Huge match between two of the top stars in the business set for Sunday
- More on the Warner Discovery upfronts and what is going on at Warner Discovery
- Tony Khan talks the creative process
- Hikaru Shida gets upset
- Toni Storm talks the original plan for the Charlotte Flair angle
- Rayo Vallecano vs. Salamanca WWE in New York and Chicago business update
- International TV ratings
- Sports franchise of the year
- How much UFC CEO Ari Emanuel earned this past year
- Ari Emanuel defends his ESPN PPV deal
- Baseball legend on MMA promotion board of directors and a new investor
This Week’s Retro Observer Newsletter: April 18, 2005 Observer Newsletter: Matt Hardy released by WWE, Ultimate Fighter 1 Finale
Ordering Info: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to dave wrestlingobserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $ 14.50 for 4 issues, $ 35.50 for 12, $ 70 for 24, $ 116 for 40 and $ 149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $ 16 for 4, $ 27 for 8, $ 38.50 for 12, $ 76 for 24, $ 126 for 40 and $ 162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $ 18 for 4, $ 48.50 for 12, $ 93 for 24, $ 155 for 40 and $ 201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get 1 off in every price range.
Wednesday News Update
- Bobby Lashley and Happy Corbin were guests on this week’s episode of The Bump. Starting on June 1, the show will start airing at 1 pm ET.
- On last night’s NXT, a vignette aired for a new character named Giovanni Vinci.
- Matches taped for Friday’s NXT Level Up include Andre Chase and Bodhi Hayward vs. Bryson Montana and Damaris Griffin, Amari Miller vs. VfL Bochum vs. 1. FC Union Berlin Dante Chen.
- The New York post covered Becky Lynch’s Seinfeld-inspired shirt from Monday night.
- Last night’s season finale of Young Rock on NBC scored 2.359 million viewers, with 0.19 in adults 18-34.
AEW / ROH
- Tony Khan has announced that media at the Double or Nothing scrum that will take place after the pay-per-view will be able to record and stream, reversing an earlier stance by AEW that had barred media from recording. “I’ve seen that some of the wrestling media are upset with our policy that they can’t record the post-ppv scrum onsite at Double or Nothing this Sunday,” he wrote. “No problem, we’ll change it. You can record. Media, be on the lookout for an email from @AEW PR. See you tonight @ #AEWDynamite. ”
- The Las Vegas Sun has an article on AEW ahead of their events in Vegas this weekend.
- Champs Sports has announced that a sneaker collaboration between Diadora and AEW will be released on champssports.com for $ 120 on May 26 at 10 am ET. The sneakers will be released in honor of Pride Month. Champs Sports will also be donating 25,000 to The Trevor Project, a suicide prevention and crisis intervention group for LGBTQ + young people.
- A Double or Nothing media call with Tony Khan will take place tomorrow at 1 pm ET.
- FTR spoke to Barstool Rasslin ‘.
- The theme music for Daddy Magic and Cool Hand Ange of the Jericho Appreciation Society has been uploaded to Twitter.
- Danhausen’s latest vlog.
- Veda Scott announced on Twitter that she and Speedball Mike Bailey are now married.
- Lex Luger announced the passing of his mother on Twitter.
- In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Rush expressed interest in working for AEW. “I want to wrestle in AEW,” Rush said. “I want matches against CM Punk, Bryan Danielson and Kenny Omega. Everyone in AEW will learn, when you mess with the bull, you get the horns. “
- In the same article, actor Jon Hamm spoke about his love for the 80’s WWF: “I was a big Andre the Giant fan,” he said. “He made everything he did so interesting. And Hogan slamming Andre, that’s a moment you never forget. I’ll always be in awe of that ’80s era. “
- PWInsider is reporting that Tammy Sytch was served with a lawsuit by Julian L. Lasseter’s estate on 5/13, when she was incarcerated. They had previously been unable to serve her suits. She has yet to respond to the suit.
- James F. Pente, Sytch’s boyfriend who was also named in the suit, did respond on 5/23, denying all responsibility for the incident and demanded that Lasseter’s estate bring “strict proof” for any proof of negligence and his liability.
- DDT crowds will be able to cheer starting on their July 7 show.
- Calvin Tankman and Alex Kane have been added to the Battle Riot battle royal on June 23.